WHO IS COLLECTING MY DATA?
This Privacy Statement explains how AcuPlus will process your personal and health information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) which comes into effect in May 2018, replacing the existing data protection framework under the EU Data Protection Directive.
WHAT TYPE OF DATA IS COLLECTED?
AcuPlus complies with the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC as set forth by the European Union regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries.
We collect two types of data: personal data, and sensitive personal data.
- Personal data can be used to identify or contact you, and may include: your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, and email address. This will only be collected if you voluntarily submit it to us.
- Sensitive personal data is relating to your health, and is collected for the purposes of clinical assessment, treatment or advice, and is necessary to be obtained in order to provide the most accurate service for you.
WHAT IS MY DATA BEING USED FOR?
When you contact AcuPlus to avail of any of our services, we will ask you to provide, either by phone or electronic means, your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, and email address. This information provided will be used by AcuPlus to:
- verify your identity
- provide you with the service you have requested
- respond to your enquiries or provide support
- create your medical file and book your appointment(s)
- send updates regarding your appointments
- contact you in the case of a data breach
- provide you with advice, dependant on the information you have given
When you attend AcuPlus you will be asked to provide further sensitive data to allow us to:
- perform a clinical assessment
- provide you with appropriate treatment or advice
AcuPlus will never share your personal information with any other third party without your consent unless required to do so by law.
WHAT HAPPENS TO MY DATA?
All of your personal and health data is stored securely in locked files and in electronic format on our patient management system, Cliniko. All electronic communications are hosted within platforms which are SSL-secure, password protected and encrypted.
HOW LONG IS MY DATA HELD FOR?
Your data will be held by AcuPlus as long as is legally required. In healthcare, we retain records for a minimum of eight years. After that time period your data will be securely deleted.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
You can contact us at any time to:
- ·Request personal or sensitive personal data about yourself
- Correct any information if it is incomplete or misleading
- Withdraw your consent regarding the processing of your data at any time
- Ask any questions about your data
USE OF WEBSITE
Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website.
This Non-Personal Data comprises of information that cannot be used to identify or contact you; such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our websites.
Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these other websites.